What personal information do we collect?
NAAVC members will be asked to enter their names, email address, mailing address, credit card information or other details to apply for membership. We also conduct member and non-member surveys with related information and interests.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register for membership, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, complete a survey, or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use such information in the following ways:
- To contact you directly by phone, email, or letter
- To send you our newsletter
- To announce the aggregate and anonymized results of our survey
- To aid networking among churches who opt into sharing their contact info with other churches. Otherwise we do not share membership lists. All membership information is kept strictly confidential and is not shared outside of the organization with the exception of your own individual request to share your information with other member churches.
How do we protect the information we receive?
Our site is 128 bit SSL encrypted. Our site is reviewed on a regular basis for security vulnerabilities. No membership or credit card data is retained on NAAVC.org servers.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use “cookies”?
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
Email us at email@example.com or contact us by phone to update or delete your listing. You can reach us at: 1-415-992-8172
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information, unless you specifically provide us with advance notice and request to do so. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. Membership information and lists remain strictly confidential.
Occasionally, we may include links from our site to other websites. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback or updated on the ever-changing privacy policies on sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
Transfer of Your Personal Information
Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Retention of Your Personal Information
Information Regarding Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- We need to perform a contract with you, such as when you create a Policy with us
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the personal information we have on you
- The right of rectification
- The right to object
- The right of restriction
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
“Do Not Sell My Personal Information” Notice for California consumers under California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
We only collect the information that members have directly entered into contact data fields or related data gathered through our surveys. That said, California has specific data protection rights.
Under the CCPA, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data. (We do not sell data.)
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
We employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website (“Service Providers”), to provide our Website on our behalf, to perform Website-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Website is used.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads on its network. Google Analytics collects anonymized data on visitors to our website. It does compromise the confidentiality of our membership lists, which are not shared outside of the NAAVC organization and its members (for those members who wish to share their contact information with other members).
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
We use third-party services for payment processing.